When deciding what you are going to do with this financial windfall, have you considered buying a used car? If not, perhaps you should. For many people, the tax refund is like free money from the sky – and it can be tempting to splurge on non-essential items or a vacation. While this is well and good, putting that money toward a used car is probably a wiser investment for the long term. There’s always next year for that vacation. Here are 3 main reasons why buying a used car with a tax refund is a smart choice:
- Reliability: A used car is a reliable machine. It has already proven itself over thousands of miles, and with proper care and maintenance can be trusted to keep going for the long haul.
- Affordability: Used cars offer more bang for your buck than new cars do, generally speaking. In the past, used cars have had a reputation for unreliability at the sacrifice of paying a lower price. More recently, this trend has been changed by seeing more used cars staying on the road for up to 200,000 miles. Not only are they road-tested, but you are getting a great vehicle at a great bargain.
- All The Features of a New Car, Except the Price: Let’s face it, although the bells and whistles change, the essence of a car remains the same. Four wheels, an engine, transmission, brakes – these are the important elements of a good car.
Conclusion: Trust us, we know that you want to put your tax refund toward some big purchases. A big new TV or a week long vacation both sound so tantalizing. But getting the right used car means getting a reliable, affordable, and high performance machine at a great price, and with many of the same advantages as buying new. Not to mention the investment that you’d be making your tax return, that some day can pay you back when you trade-in or sell your car.
Article credit: drivetime.com
Verdi Motors Virtual Inventory – Vehicle-by-Vehicle
Time is a challenge that most of us struggle with and how to make the best of it. With todays fast paced life styles, families, work, and daily tasks we are left with little to no time. That’s why you will find that Verdi Motors keeps an up to date inventory for you on the web. You can use our website to literally shop vehicle by vehicle sifting through page after page of top quality used vehicles located at our car lot at 1811 South Rd in Wappingers Falls NY. Our site is designed to give you more control of the finding process and make purchasing a vehicle easier than ever before. With each vehicle you will find multiple photos and a detailed description telling you about the vehicle in its entirety. Each of our online vehicles are priced accordingly and our staff are ready to answer any questions you should have any via email or phone, and If you are looking for that special vehicle, we work with hundreds of dealerships across the country, constantly updating our database of available inventory. So please visit us on the web at http://www.verdimotors.com for our most current inventory, email us with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone: 845-297-2277. We also have the Verdi Motors App for all iPhone and Android users, be sure to download yours today!
There’s no better way for us to say “Happy 2016” than to reduce our already low prices to move inventory, making room for new. 4WDs, AWD,s 2WDs, Luxury, Sport, Work, and rare hard to find vehicles, we have it all. Want a Doge Viper RT10, Dodge Ram SRT 10, Sprinter Van, Dually, Pickup with a Plow, or a BMW 3 Series, Lincoln Mark, Navigator, Audi A4, VW, Hyundai, Jeep, Scion, Toyota, or Honda? they’re all here waiting for you to take one home. Still need an excuse? Nothing better than cruising to one of the many ski slopes that NY, MA, or VT has to offer in a 4WD Vehicle capable of getting you slope side in the deepest of snow. Wishing for warmer weather? why not visit FL driving a sweet Audi A4 or BMW 3 or 5 Series. Take the family for a nice slow winter drive through the Berkshires in style driving a Ford Flex or Lincoln Navigator. We truly have something for everyone, so come take advantage of HUGE savings and celebrate 2016 with a new ride from Verdi Motors.
#verdimotors #hudsonvalley #usedcarsale #usedcarswappingersfalls http://ow.ly/WOIXt
The very minute that you drive a new car off a dealer’s lot, it loses value. That’s just a fact of life, and if you ever decide to trade it in, you need to be smart about the resale value of cars, because not all cars depreciate at the same rate. Used cars tend to be more affordable than new cars, and you can often get more car for your money. If you’re on a tight budget, then buying a used car gets you the most vehicle for the money. You can count on one hand the number of new cars that list for less than $12,000. For less than half the price of the average new car, you can buy a 3- or 4-year-old used vehicle that is larger and loaded with more features than a small, bare-bones new one. Although used vehicles typically don’t carry the same warranties as new ones, the original factory warranty on a new car is often transferable to a second owner. In the end, the decision to buy new or used boils down to what you can afford and what will give you peace of mind.
As we approach the winter months it is very important that you take some time to prepare your vehicle for the extreme weather that may affect you. Along with extreme weather comes slower traffic, hot tempers, hazardous road conditions and many other unforeseen dangers. As an automobile owner it is your responsibility to take care of your vehicle to assure that you make it through these upcoming months without damage to your vehicle as well as the other drivers on the road. Your tire type, battery condition, heat, defroster, ignition, brakes, hoses, belts, spark plugs, filters, fuel filter, and radiator are all things that need to be up to snuff. If your vehicle has any issues with any of these, now is the time to get it sorted out. Also some items you will want to have on hand incase of a winter emergency will be: inflated spare tire, jack to elevate the vehicle, wheel wrench, jumper cables, tool kit, reflective triangle, full tank of fuel, shovel, snow brush, ice scraper, flash light, and flares.
Hey Connecticut don’t feel like your limited to what your area has to offer. Just a quick trip over the state line and you’ll see that Verdi Motors has a wide variety of cars for all seasons and an inventory that cannot be beat. Verdi Motors is only 30 miles away from Danbury, and has been selling quality pre owned vehicles in the Hudson Valley area for over 30 years and we’re dedicated to serving the needs of our customers.
Even if you don’t see what you want on our lot we have a locator service that can find you any year, make, or model pre owned car. So stop by Verdi Motors today and let us put our passion for cars to work for you!
Everyone is always talking about the muscle cars from the 60’s and 70’s but lets not leave out the 80’s. Though it certainly was not the best era for American muscle it did contribute some pretty cool rides that too could put the rubber to the road. Here are the eight best muscle cars of the forgotten ’80s.
- 1987 Buick Regal GNX Introduced in 1987, the Buick Regal GNX put to use a turbocharged V6 that pumped out an awe-inspiring (at that time) 245 horsepower. It was the most powerful car in the segment, and could tackle the quarter mile in just 13.2 seconds at 104 mph.
- 1987 Ford Mustang 5.0 Gone was the “four eyes” front end in place of a more modern design, and the 5.0-liter V8 delivered 225 horsepower, and a respectable 0-60 mph time of 6.3 seconds.
- 1983 Chevy Monte Carlo SS By 1984 the SS was gaining steam in the world of NASCAR, becoming one of the vehicles of choice for drivers and owners alike. Back in showrooms, Chevrolet was having trouble keeping them on the lots— selling over 24,000 Monte Carlo SS’ in 1984 alone. That 265-horsepower V8 probably had something to do with its success.
- 1985 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z In 1985, Chevrolet introduced the IROC-Z to the lineup. And while it wasn’t the fastest or best-looking in its segment (by far), the IROC-Z overshadowed the competition with its nimble handling and relatively light body.
- 1982 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am The body was smaller, as was the wheelbase, but the overall design remained memorable among enthusiasts. Under the hood was an 8-cylinder engine pushing out somewhere near 150 horsepower.
- 1989 Ford Thunderbird SC Although the design of the car was bland, Ford was still putting to use its relatively sporty Fox platform underneath, and a supercharged 3.8-liter V6 sat under the hood that pumped out a respectable 210 horsepower.
- 1989 Dodge Shelby Dakota The 3.9-liter V6 was gutted in place of a 5.2-liter V8, and horsepower sat at a modest 175.
- 1986 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2 featured a 5.0-liter four-barrel V8, a four-speed automatic and a limited run of only 1,225 vehicles, all of which found homes in 1986 before the model was discontinued in 1987.